Milonga La Ideal/ Classes in 2018/ Abs. Beginners/Raquel Ladies
Milonga La Ideal ( Twelfth Night Edition) will be in the Ballroom at The Court House, Warwick; as elegant and gorgeous a venue as you can get, to make it a special evening. It will run from 8pm to 11.30 pm, so come early! We are pleased to have as guest DJ, Ula (Urszula Ulotka), see below.
Usual nibbles & wine for early arrivers, or BYOB.
WHERE: The Court House Ballroom, Jury Street, Warwick, CV34 4EW
It is on the main street A429 through Warwick above "Information", on the right when going East, opposite the road leading to St Mary's Church. The entrance is on the side road.
It is about 20 minutes walk from Warwick railway station, less if you go through a park. See http://www.traveline.info. Also close to M40 and A46 with its connections to M6, M69, M1 .
Parking has to be hunted for: Jury Street (A429 the main road) itself, by the castle wall, in side streets towards St Mary's Church, or in various car parks eg P1, P2 P3 P4 :https://www.warwickdc.gov.uk/info/20547/warwick_car_parks/946/warwick_car_parks_map It has not been a serious problem before.
Classes: at St Mary's will restart on Jan 12th 2018. On 12th & 19th January, guest teachers Matt JC & Marion K.R. will give workshops on
"Dancing with Rhythmical Variations"
They will teach at 7.30 and at 8.30 at "Improvers" and the more advanced "Intermediate" levels respectively on both Fridays. The classes will be followed by the usual practica with Juan de Scarfo as DJ.
These classes will be preceded by a free practice, social dancing, session from 6.30 to 7.30, especially for improvers on, in which the etiquette of milongas will be described, with the idea that it will be (good-humouredly) practiced during the social dancing! If you are not familiar with the mysteries of the cabeceo, ronda, cortina, when not to say thank you, etc this will be your opportunity. If you are, please do come along to help: experienced dancers will be needed to make this experiment work.
Timing for 12th& 19th:
6.30-7.30pm: Practice session/ etiquette of milongas (all levels)
7.30-8.30 pm: "Dancing with Rhythmical Variations"(Improvers)
8.30 pm -9.30 pm "Dancing with Rhythmical Variations"(Intermediates)
9.30 pm-10.30 pm (approx) Practica, DJ de Scarfo
Cost for 12th& 19th:
6.30-7.30 free, classes £8(£5 for students), practica free with classes otherwise £2.
St Mary's Church Hall, st Mary's Rd, Leamington Spa, CV31 1JW.
Return of Luis & Elizabeth:
For our great pleasure Luis Rodrigues & Elizabeth Knock return on 26th January to start their "residency" as Tango Warwick teachers for the first half of 2018. The details
will be as usual. They will start off a new cohort of ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS at 6.30 on 26th. Please spread the word among your not yet tangoing friends. A flyer is attached to help you advertise it.
Raquel's Legendary Ladies' Styling & Techniques workshop is on Saturday 20th January. Booking & prepayment mandatory. One or two places still available. See attachment.
Diary of Local Tango Events coming up:
- SPACE Tango: informal practicas on Wednesday evenings (restart 17th Jan) 8 pm to 10 pm at Warwick SPACE 71 Coten End, Warwick, CV34 4NU. See https://www.facebook.com/groups/647271378622582/
- January 5th: Milonga La Ideal, Twelfth Night edition, AT THE COURT HOUSE BALLROOM, Warwick, 8pm to 11.30 pm. DJ Ula.
- 12th, 19th January, St Mary's: improvers social dance/milonga etiquette session, then workshops by Marion K.R. and Matt J.C. on "Dancing with Rhythmical Variations"
- 13th Jan 2018, 8.30 -midnight, Tango Baires' Milonga, St Mary Immaculate Church Hall, Warwick CV 334 6AB, https://www.facebook.com/groups/850307528371495/
- 20th January 2018, 1.30pm -5 pm; Raquel's legendary Ladies Styling & Techniques Workshops return to Tango Warwick at Leamington Dance Centre. Booking essential.
- 26th January: Classes at St Mary's: return of Luis Rodrigues & Elizabeth Knock; including Absolute Beginners at 6.30.
Our Guest DJ for Milonga La Ideal on 5th January:
Ula aka "Ulotka" Started as a DJ in Cologne (La Torre, Milonga Dominguera) and matured in Poznan as a host of milonga 'A Media Luz' and a guest to many others. For over two years she was djing at various London venues. She also played at the Tango Festival in Lodz. Believes in tangos that make hearts tremble; or make feet uneasy or sometimes bring a smile.
Hope to see you!
David (For Tango Warwick)