Corina in Coventry/Milonga etiquette/classes.
Discover Tango in Coventry with Corina Piatti and Dawid & Gosia: The aim is to show non tango dancers why they should change their ways, and incidentally to give regular dancers a very enjoyable evening. It will consist of a concert by Corina Piatti and dance performances, in an elegant bar & restaurant serving typical Argentine food, and very close to Coventry train station. Even if you can't make it please spread the word among your non-tangoing friends. Create an oasis in the tango desert of Coventry!
see the diary below and
"Tango Etiquette " with social dancing/ practice: will continue at St Mary's on January 19th. This will be a free practice, social dancing, session from 6.30 to 7.30, for improvers on, in which the etiquette of milongas will be very briefly summarised, and then (good-humouredly) practiced during the social dancing! After last week's successful session the accent this time will be on enjoying the dancing. If you are not familiar with using the cabeceo, ronda, cortina, and when not to say thank you, etc this will be your opportunity. If you are, please do come along to help: experienced dancers are needed to make this work. It will be led by Andy Adamson.
Classes: at St Mary's . On 19th January, guest teachers Matt JC & Marion K.R. will give more workshops on
"Dancing with Rhythmical Variations"
They will teach at 7.30 and at 8.30 at "Improvers" and the more advanced "Intermediate" levels respectively on both Fridays. The classes will be followed by the usual practica with Juan de Scarfo as DJ.
Timing for 12th& 19th:
6.30-7.30pm: Practice session/ etiquette of milongas (all levels)
7.30-8.30 pm: "Dancing with Rhythmical Variations"(Improvers)
8.30 pm -9.30 pm "Dancing with Rhythmical Variations"(Intermediates)
9.30 pm-10.30 pm (approx) Practica, DJ de Scarfo
Cost for 19th January:
6.30-7.30 free, classes £8(£5 for students), whole evening £12(£10), practica free with classes otherwise £2.
St Mary's Church Hall, st Mary's Rd, Leamington Spa, CV31 1JW.
Return of Luis & Elizabeth:
For our great pleasure Luis Rodrigues & Elizabeth Knock return on 26th January to start their "residency" as Tango Warwick teachers for the first half of 2018. The details will be as usual. They will start off a new cohort of ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS at 6.30 on 26th. Please spread the word among your not yet tangoing friends. A flyer is attached to help you advertise it.
Diary of Local Tango Events coming up:
- SPACE Tango: informal practicas on Wednesday evenings (restart 17th Jan) 8 pm to 10 pm at Warwick SPACE 71 Coten End, Warwick, CV34 4NU. See https://www.facebook.com/groups/647271378622582/
- 19th January, St Mary's: improvers social dance/milonga etiquette session, then workshops by Marion K.R. and Matt J.C. on "Dancing with Rhythmical Variations"
- 20th January 2018, 1.30pm -5 pm; Raquel's legendary Ladies Styling & Techniques Workshops return to Tango Warwick at Leamington Dance Centre. FULLY BOOKED
- 26th January: Classes at St Mary's: return of Luis Rodrigues & Elizabeth Knock; including Absolute Beginners at 6.30.
- 27th January 6.30-9.30 pm: Discover Tango. Concert by Corina Piatti plus tango performances plus Argentine style food. At Premier Atelier, 26 Warwick Row, Coventry CV1 1EY
- 2nd February, 8.30 pm -12.30 am, La Milonga Ideal, Warwick SPACE, with Ricardo Peixoto as DJ.
Hope to see you,
(for Tango Warwick)